Students will be taught the names of each drum and the rhythms and beats that are used in music genres such as rock, jazz and latin. A step by step scaffolding process is used in drum lessons to ensure full comprehension. Students will be given a drum book to take home and practice.
When is my child ready for individual drum lessons?
Does my child:
- Understand sequencing (i.e., reading from left to right of the page)
- Know/recognize the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Know/ recognize fast/slow and can keep a steady 1234 rhythm
- Have the ability to grasp drum sticks
- Have the attention span to sit at the drums for a 30 minute interval
- Show motivation to learn/play the drums
- Thrive in individual (as compared to group) lesson setting
Book a complimentary Drum lesson by sending us an email at email@example.com