At ‘Harmony is’ we are pleased to provide individual piano lessons for beginner students: children and adults alike. Our lessons incorporate both practical (playing) and written (theory) components, as well as work with ear training and sight reading. Our teachers have extensive experience working with children, either through Kindermusik or music therapy, and are able to use these techniques to adapt lessons and make the learning process fun and engaging. We also offer training for RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music) standard examinations, and are very proud of our students’ success rate!
When is my child ready for individual piano lessons?
Each child develops differently, so we ask parents to consider the following checklist to help decide if a child is ready to begin individual piano instruction:
Does my child:
- Understand sequencing (i.e., reading from left to right of the page)
- Know/recognize the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G
- Know/recognize the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Have the ability to move fingers independently
- Have the attention span to sit at the piano for a 30 minute interval
- Show motivation to learn/play the piano
- Thrive in individual (as compared to group) lesson setting
Book a complimentary Piano lesson by sending us an email at email@example.com